Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The horrors of thumbnails




Decided to post some thumbnails on here.
I figure it's a good thing to do now and then, though my process is sort of skewed. This is for Ursula Husted's (MCAD) class, called Comic Book: The Short Story. I'm doing an adaptation of The Door by E.B. White. It's a lot of fun, though a little hard to interpret. This is the first of three versions of the first five pages of an approximate 10-14 page comic. There isn't much dialog in the orignal story so that's a little hard to deal with. I made a screenplay for it, but whether it's going well or not is a little up in the air. I also did this one:
It doesn't have any text, and so far is my favorite of the three. I dunno, we'll see what the class says.

I feel sort of bad, my thumbnails are really loose and don't actually help anyone but me, so I'm not sure how everyone is going to read them. Also these thumbnails were about twice as big as I usually do them, so there was another issue. Oh well...


Other news is that I'm continuing to work with the Hunters. I'm thinking of another picture of them should be up later today or tomorrow. Also might re-pencil the fourth page of Bound after considering the options of doing an alternate layout that might work better.

No comments: