Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Red_Illustrations for Print

I haven't updated this blog in a really long time, most things have been on the Paper Tapir one, the PT facebook, etc. Then my laptop went to the computer hospital. Before that I really just did a bunch of sketchbook stuff and no finished illustrations. So here's a minor little dump of a set that I intend to use as prints.
 
Series of "Little Red Riding Hood" inspired illustrations. Four of them represent seasons, the fifth was sort of a general one.  I'm not sure if I want to use colored ink, or if the paper will be slightly different, and the ink will just be black. Still deciding on that, and if I want to relief print them.

This is the "spring" illustration, it's the only long horizontal one that there is, which I suppose might be a little awkward. I did this one to go with "winter" mostly. The wolf is sort of hidden in this one.
"Winter" and "fall", despite the order that I drew these in, the order that I intended them to be seen in was: fall, winter, spring, summer. They somewhat show the passage of time. Also two of these have two wolves, and two have only one. And the fifth one has a single wolf, but that's the outlier anyways.

"Summer" and the un-related one. The fifth one was actually the illustration that I sketched first. So we see how that turned out, it's also the only one that is outwards facing. I wanted over the different seasons the layouts to get more and more open, and less closed in. Red has changed a lot from the original sketches. I don't know where she's getting all those clothes!

No comments: